Here I am again.
My initial experiments with dictation software took place over a year ago, with some disappointment. More recently, I updated my program. This brought about better results, it seemed, but there was still more frustration involved than I thought there should be.
So here I am again. One more upgrade has led me to an overhauled program, which I hope will finally meet my expectations.
For the time being, at least it seems to work for writing blog posts.
For some time now, I’ve been intrigued by this program from iMac (for my Mac). I’ve been curious to see what it might be capable of, and I’ve had a few ideas for creative ways that I might use it.
So yesterday, I took the plunge and put my money down. Today I’ve spent 30 minutes or so training the program to recognize my voice (and) training myself to dictate to a machine. For the most part, the accuracy is pretty decent. However (I missed a comma here) I can see that it’s going to take some practice to become a proficient dictator. I’d like to think there are many hours to be saved if I could learn the skill, so perhaps it’s worth a little more investment of time.
If any of you are curious to know more about this program, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment. I’d be happy to try to answer any questions you might have.
Until then, I’ll spend hours in a room by myself talking aloud to my cyber friend.
PS: This blog entry was dictated using this program. In the brackets I’ve added clarification where errors took place.