After a dozen days of pushing hard, we had a free one in this pretty little city right on the coast of the Aegean Sea.
So what did I do?
- Set no alarm clock (still was up by 8:00).
- Walked to the city center after breakfast; explored on foot for a nearly three hours.
- Came home for a swim and a breather.
- Re-trekked to town to hunt down some lunch; settled on a donair shop in which I was the only foreigner–that’s always a good sign.
- Back to the hotel to catch up on my journal–I was only behind one day, but it “Ephesus day”, and that was no ordinary day.
- Read a couple chapters in one of the books I brought and grabbed another swim.
- Decided to get my blog caught up.
- Tasty supper.
- More computer and book time.
Bed needs to happen pretty soon, as our wake-up call is for 4:00 AM tomorrow to catch the boat to Patmos.
And that’s it… for today. More from the “holy isle”…