I love to blog–I really do. I find significant satisfaction in stringing words together with enough attentive precision to accurately voice my unseen thoughts and emotions.
Yet I am doing that… almost never!
Some of this is external:
- Schedules are tight.
- Rhythms are scattered.
- Commitments are compromised.
Some of this is internal:
- Motivation is lacking.
- Weariness is present.
- Passion is waning.
Some of this is about writing:
- Perhaps I have a block.
- Perhaps I wish I had a block.
- Perhaps I am unsure why this is worth the effort.
- Perhaps I am discouraged by the realization that a guy who cannot consistently post 500 words is wildly dreaming if he ever wishes to publish a book of 50,000.
Some of this has nothing to do with writing:
- Time in Scripture is a hard push right now.
- Desire to pray is weaker than I wish.
- I am doing too much and being too little.
Sometimes one battle is waged on a dozen fronts. Sometimes I look like Braveheart. Sometimes I forget my sword at home. Sometimes I swing a pool noodle.
For today, I will derive my ounce of satisfaction from seeing that something got posted on October 28, 2014. It was scattered and sorry, but at its least, it was a marker on the wandering-and-wondering path!
- If you have enjoyed (or are enjoying) a high time within your creative endeavors, please drop a comment below.
- Share with the rest of us lessons learned on the battleground!